The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva
The RFP is divided in two lots:
Lot 1: Software development, architecture, operations and related services
Lot 2: Enterprise Resource Planning services
WIPO has a workforce of 1’300 staff members working mostly at its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
The selected contractors will be offered a Long-Term Agreement (LTA) for an initial period of 3 years, with a potential extension of up to a maximum of 4 additional years subject to satisfactory performance as further described in the Draft Contract.
Under the scope of services for Lot 1, the Organization has currently about 250 (25 onsite, 225 remote) external Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) working on about 100 business internally and/or externally facing applications. A description of the requested profiles (roles), major methodologies and frameworks, as well as major technologies is included in this document and its annexures.
WIPO requires services from vendors for:
• Technical resource augmentation: Projects frequently require resource augmentation during the design and development cycle. WIPO will be contacting companies qualified by this RFP process to request for proposals through minicompetitions.
The augmented resource will be contracted to join a multifunctional project team and fulfil a specific role in that project. In some cases, resources will be hired for less 100%.
• Delivery of turnkey solution: In certain cases, WIPO will want to outsource the delivery of a turnkey solution, rather than procuring individual resources. In these cases, we will invite vendors to provide a turnkey proposal, with quotation and presentation of such proposal.
Selected companies will provide expertise in the following areas:
• Application Development Services
• Application monitoring and support Services
• Data and Digital Assets Services
• Quality Assurance Services
• IT Service Management Services
• Entreprise Architecture Services
• Project and Program Services
• Infrastructure Services
Work assignments can be carried out on-site at WIPO’s premises in Geneva and/or offsite (nearshore or offshore as defined below).
For some specific needs, WIPO may require the external consultants to work beyond regular Geneva Headquarters’ office hours.
To deliver support services, consultants may have to work in shifts to provide continuous monitoring operation, to remain on call or to intervene remotely or on-site in case of emergency in order to fix problems.
Consultants will be working using a limited number of workplace configurations defined by WIPO, where workplace configuration encompasses user account, fully configured WIPO endpoint and remote connection software. In particular, for all the projects where connection to the WIPO internal systems is needed, account, WIPO endpoint and remote connection client will be provided by WIPO: the consultant will install the remote connection client on their own physical endpoint to securely access a WIPO virtual endpoint. The supplier must provide the physical endpoint and ensure the remote connection is fully operational from the consultant’s working location.
Lot 2 – ERP SERVICES
Background Information: The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Enterprise Solutions Division (ESD) is responsible for developing and maintaining WIPO’s ERP systems, named AIMS (Administrative Integrated Management System). The existing AIMS portfolio of products includes a combination of commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom developed applications based on Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator
(ODI), Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Hyperion, Taleo, PeopleSoft FSCM & HCM, and Acuity Stream (for risk management). The list of current technologies are available in table1 below.
AIMS is undergoing major transformation to modernize outdated technologies and adopt the organization wide Cloud first strategy. The transformation is expected to introduce several new cloud based technology platforms and services, for example CRM.
Objectives: Through this Lot 2 RFP, WIPO intends to select a number of contractors capable of providing time and material-based and work-package based (fixed-price) turn-key solutions for enterprise applications including on premise ERP, Enterprise Business Capabilities including SaaS Cloud applications, Integration platforms and low-code development platforms for the technologies specified in table 1 above and table 2 below to support the existing business applications maintenance and operations and to develop new ones as needed. It is important to specify that the list of technologies supporting the business application may evolve as new ones are introduced.
WIPO requires services from vendors for:
• Technical resource augmentation: Projects frequently require resource augmentation during the design, development and production support. WIPO will be contacting companies qualified by this RFP process to request for proposals, as per the below process. The augmented resource will be contracted to join a multi-functional project team and fulfil a specific role in that project. In some cases, resources will be hired for less than 100%.
• Delivery of turnkey solution: In certain cases, WIPO will want to outsource the delivery of a turnkey solution, rather than sourcing individual resources. In these cases, we will invite vendors to provide a turnkey proposal, with quotation and presentation of such proposal.
Indicative list of major technologies used at WIPO
Company / Category Technology
Amazon Web Service (AWS) • Compute • Storage • Network • Serverless
Application Server • Tomcat • Wildfly
Containers • Docker
Data Visualization • Tableau • Quicksight • Applaud • Kibana
Databases • Oracle • (Aurora) MySQL • (Aurora) PostgreSQL • MariaDB • MS SQL Server
ERP • Taleo • OBIEE • PeopleSoft ELM • PeopleSoft FSCM • PeopleSoft HCM & Payroll
Microsoft • Azure • Dynamics • M365 • PowerApps
Oracle • Chatbot • Oracle Cloud Infrastructure • Oracle Cloud Integrator • Robotic Process Automation
Operating Systems • Linux (mainly Redhat) • Microsoft Windows Server
Development & Quality tools • Atlassian Bamboo • AWS codepipeline • SVN / Git • SonarQube • Nexus • Crucible • Eclipse / MS Visual Studio • Selenium • jUnit • qTest
Other • Liferay Digital • Opentext • Cherwell • Atlassian Jira • Atlassian Confluence