Strange tender, indeed. Prices offered by German company Bechtle in the tender ‘IT Hardware Acquisition Channel for the GSA’ are totally unbelievable. As low as unbeatable. But they are binding for the tenderer and they will be considered for the final contract with the European GNSS Agency (called GSA). I hope so!
So what was happened? GSA asked for financial offer of the following products:
* 20x Hard drive external (Capacity: 1 TB* Cache: min 8 MB* Interface: USB 3.0 compatible with USB 2.0 * Operational only via USB without external power supply)
* 50x Memory stick 32 GB Interface USB 3.0 compatible with USB 2.0
* 25x Memory stick 64 GB Interface USB 3.0 compatible with USB 2.0
* 20x Ultra-light laptop with docking station and accessories( Screen: widescreen, anti-glare, between 12-13 inch, horizontal resolution min. 1280, vertical resolution min. 768 Processor: Intel Core i7, min. 2.5 GHz, min 3 MB L3 cache, min 1066 MHz FSB RAM: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM Graphics: Integrated Harddisk: min. 250 GB SATA II, min. 5400 rpm Internal DVD+/-RW drive 8x LAN 10/100/1000 RJ-45, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, internal GPRS/3G mobile broadband module with built-in antenna, Bluetooth, internal Webcam, internal microphone, speaker interface, min 2 USB 2.0 ports (at least 1 of them charging), SD card reader, external VGA monitor port, docking connector, TPM chip Min 6-cell battery with at least 3 hours of battery life UK or French keyboard, touchpad Weight: less than 2 kg Power supply 220 V, 50-60 Hz Accessories: Matching bag Spare battery Docking station with a power supply and at least 3 additional USB ports, DVI, VGA, LAN RJ-45 Warranty NBD on site, 3 years Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit English)
* 20x Office desktop PC Processor (Intel Core i7, min. 2.5 GHz, min 3 MB L3 cache, min 1066 MHz FSB RAM: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM Graphics: Integrated, compatible with screen resolution 1920×1080 Harddisk: min 250 GB SATA II, 7200 rpm Internal DVD+/-RW drive 16x LAN 10/100/1000 RJ-45, speaker and microphone interface, min 6 USB 2.0 ports (at least 2 of them charging), external VGA and DVI monitor ports UK or French USB keyboard, USB laser mouse Power supply 220 V, 50-60 Hz Warranty NBD on site, 3 years Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit English)
* 20x Colour LCD monitor (Screen size: 23 inch, widescreen Resolution: 1920×1080 Ports VGA, DVI Power supply 220 V, 50-60 Hz Height-adjustable and inclinable stand)
* 10x Black&white personal laser printer (Duplex printing Paper size: A4/Letter Speed: at least 20 ppm Paper tray: 500 sheets Warm-up: less than 20 seconds Language: PCL5/PCL6 Compatible with Windows XP/Windows 7 Connection: USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Power supply 220 V, 50-60 Hz)
* 30x Toner for Black&White personal laser printer Genuine toner cartridge for the above printer model
While offers of three other companies ranged around 142.000 euros Bechtle came with price 86.000 euros. Very good, Commission is going to save a lot of money. If Bechtle respects what he had promised.